My daily utilities
I love trying out new tools. It usually comes at the expense of being productive, but I feel productive and it’s fun. These are tools I’ve found over the years that I use regularly, meaning they have indeed helped me to productive. And I enjoy using them, too.
- GitUp - For basic, everyday
git, I use GitUp because it is fast (by interfacing directly with the repository database) and simple.
- Alfred - It’s my launcher and my clipboard/snippet manager. It has a lot more features I don’t use.
- Rocket - This gives me emoji at
my fingertips globally. I’ve mapped my trigger shortcut to
…. I can’t live without it now.
- Spectacle - It’s a window manager. The two main shortcuts I use are 1) moving a window to the next display and 2) docking a window to the right/left half of the display.
- Easy Move+Resize - Somehow in my very limited use of X on Unix machines in my college days, I picked up this muscle memory of moving and resizing windows with a keyboard modifier and mouse drag. This lets me replicate that.
Tuesday, September 8, 2020